Wednesday, April 26, 2017

English Grammar and Correct Usage Test



Instruction: Choose the correct answer for each question.


1. Which sentence uses famish correctly?


1. After the straight exam, I felt too exhausted and famished to eat my
favourite foods.
2. I could eat a horse, I am famish now.
3. I famished my stomach next time you treat me to a meal out.
4. I will bring lots of pizza, thats a famish.

2. Priscila               rather not invest her savings in the stock market.


1. must
2. has to
3. could
4. would

3. Did you have any problem             our house?


1. search
2. to search
3. searching
4. for searching


4. I hope you don’t mind


joining you.




1. to be
2. I had been
3. that I may
4. my

5. Most basketball players are 6         tall or more.


1. foot
2. feet
3. foots
4. feets


6. These children


how to improvise more props for the play.




1. knew
2. knows
3. know
4. known


7. The company will upgrade             computer systems next week.



1. there
2. their
3. its
4. it’s

8. Clara                       three thousand words for her essay.


1. have wrote
2. has wrote
3. have written
4. has written

9. You have too many              but few time to prove you’re right.


1. hypothesis
2. hypotheses
3. hyphothesises
4. hypothesess


10. Neither Sarah nor Tina


the crime yesterday.




1. witness
2. witnesses
3. witnessed
4. witnessing

11. You do like going to the party alone. _        you?


1. Does
2. Doesn’t
3. Do
4. Don’t

12. We had our house               in yellow.


1. painting
2. painted
3. paint
4. to paint

13. He has been exercising but his immune system was steadily                 _.


1. weak
2. weaken
3. weakened
4. weakening


14. I was             that the weather would be sunny and we would be able to enjoy our swimming.


1. hopeless
2. hopeful
3. hopelike
4. hopely

15. I think it’s not a great idea. I totally           .


1. misagree
2. unagree
3. inagree
4. disagree

16. So many                       I found in the library, now I’m ready to report.


1. information
2. informations
3. infoes
4. infos

17. My grandpa always feed his flock of               early in the morning.


1. sheeps
2. sheep
3. ships
4. ship

18. Happy memories are always remembered, not                 .


1. forget
2. forgets
3. forgot
4. forgotten

19. Flight Z735             yesterday. 350 passengers died in that accident.


1. crush
2. crushed
3. crash
4. crashed

20. There is a                 message when you look closely at her painting.


1. hid
2. hide
3. hided
    4. hidden

Answer Key Click Me!!!

2 comments:

  1. INTERESTING! How could I download these, po?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much, for those who answer my question. God bless po!

    ReplyDelete